LAK Associates, LLC is a land use consulting firm specializing in the entitlement process and environmental review.
Principals Larry Kennings (MCP, Harvard GSD) and Sean Kennings (MUP, Harvard GSD) provide planning assistance for a myriad of clients from public agencies to private clients throughout California and the greater Bay Area.
We also have extensive expertise in entitlement processing; public policy evaluation, and public participation plans and programs.
Our office is located in Corte Madera, Marin County, California.
Recent Private Client Projects:
- Private Client, Inverness, CA – 2017: LAK successfully defended the project — to develop a new single family residence on the property while simultaneously preserving and rehabilitating three unique structures from the Handmade House movement — by helping to negotiate an approval that satisfied both client and neighbors.
- Hog Island Oysters, Leali Ranch Master Plan, Marshall, CA – 2016: LAK oversaw the project team and complicated project application process for a County of Marin coastal permit consistent with the California Coastal Commission.
Recent Public Sector Projects:
As contract planners for select municipalities, LAK manages the environmental review process, prepares staff reports, and represents the municipalities at all the public hearings for projects like these:
- Victory Village Initial Study, Fairfax, CA – 2017: LAK was contracted by the Town of Fairfax to prepare an Initial Study for the Victory Village Senior Affordable housing project in Fairfax, CA. Environmental issues included aesthetics, traffic and circulation, air and greenhouse gas emissions, noise, and hydrology impacts.
- Marin Montessori School Initial Study, Corte Madera, CA – 2017: The Marin Montessori School proposed to expand the existing campus by renovating an adjacent residential property. Project approvals required a General Plan Amendment and careful consideration of noise and traffic and circulation impacts.
- BioMarin / San Rafael Corporate Center, San Rafael, CA – 2015: LAK Associates was contracted by the City of San Rafael to manage the preparation of an Initial Study for a new laboratory building and parking garage expansion for the BioMarin campus. Project approvals required an amendment to the Planned District standards for the SRCC campus and careful consideration of environmental issues related to traffic and circulation impacts.
Phone: (415) 533-2111