LAK Associates, LLC is a land use consulting firm specializing in the entitlement process and environmental review.
Principals Sean Kennings (MUP, Harvard GSD) and Larry Kennings (MCP, Harvard GSD) provide planning assistance for a myriad of clients from public agencies to private clients throughout California and the greater Bay Area.
We also have extensive expertise in entitlement processing; public policy evaluation, and public participation plans and programs.
Our office is located in Corte Madera, Marin County, California.
Recent Private Client Projects:
- Private Client, Tomales/Dillon Beach, CA – 2018: LAK successfully managed the preparation of a coastal permit application and approval for a new cattle ranch and accompanying single-family residence on a 300-acre property in the west Marin coastal zone. The project required preparation of a comprehensive agricultural ranch plan and oversight of two complicated and complex biological site assessments.
- Hog Island Oysters, Leali Ranch Master Plan, Marshall, CA – 2016: LAK oversaw the project team and complicated project application process for a County of Marin coastal permit consistent with the California Coastal Commission.
Recent Public Sector Projects:
As contract planners for select municipalities, LAK manages the environmental review process, prepares staff reports, and represents the municipalities at all the public hearings for projects like these:
- BioMarin / San Rafael Corporate Center, San Rafael, CA – 2018 – present: LAK Associates was contracted by the City of San Rafael to manage the application for a new project including two 70-ft tall laboratory buildings and 67 units of senior affordable housing for the BioMarin/Whistlestop/Eden Housing project in downtown San Rafael. Project approvals require an amendment to the General Plan, Zoning Code, Planned District standards, Development Agreement, and careful consideration of environmental issues related to traffic and circulation impacts.
- Victory Village Initial Study, Fairfax, CA – 2017: LAK was contracted by the Town of Fairfax to prepare an Initial Study for the Victory Village Senior Affordable housing project in Fairfax, CA. Environmental issues included aesthetics, traffic and circulation, air and greenhouse gas emissions, noise, and hydrology impacts.
- Marin Montessori School Initial Study, Corte Madera, CA – 2017: The Marin Montessori School proposed to expand the existing campus by renovating an adjacent residential property. Project approvals required a General Plan Amendment and careful consideration of noise and traffic and circulation impacts.
Phone: (415) 533-2111